The Friends of the Museum is an auxiliary organization of the Monterey Museum of Art whose mission is to foster an appreciation for the visual arts through volunteer service, fundraising and programs. Membership in Friends of the Museum is open to all Monterey Museum of Art members.
Benefits to joining the Friends:
- Receive invitations to social and cultural events planned exclusively for Friends, including:
o Chartered tours to view important exhibitions beyond the Monterey area
o Free admission to lectures by artists, curators and other experts
o Private tours of artist studiosPursue your interest in art and continued learning
- Meet new friends
- Support the Museum’s stewardship of the evolving legacy of California artists from the 19th Century to present day
- Share your ideas and creativity through opportunities to support fundraising and other special events.
Past events enjoyed by Friends:
- Private art and historical tour of the Hotel Del Monte at the Naval Post Graduate School
- Chartered tours to the de Young Museum to see the Bouquet to Art and the post-impressionist masterpieces from Musee d’Orsay
- Ten art lectures since January 2009
- An Evening in Monte Carlo, which raised more than $100,000 to benefit MMA exhibitions and programs
How to join the Friends of the Museum
Purchase any level Membership and add Friends of the Museum for each adult included in the Membership.