Miniatures is the Monterey Museum of Art’s annual holiday exhibition and fundraiser. Celebrate the holiday season with three hundred artists, all museum members, who generously donate their original artwork to help raise funds in support of museum exhibitions and programming. Choose from a diverse selection of paintings, photography, prints, sculpture, and a variety of mixed media on display in the museum’s main galleries. Everyone has the opportunity to win their favorite pieces by purchasing raffle tickets, available Wednesday, November 20.
Thank you to our 2013 participating artists for generously donating their artwork!
DATES TO REMEMBER
Saturday, January 4, 2014
Winner’s names and ticket numbers posted online at montereyart.org/miniatures
Sunday, February 23, 2014
Final day for winners to pick up artwork
RULES OF ENTRY
- All subjects and media are accepted.
- Only one work of art per artist and all work must be original! Please—no scanned or other digital reproductions of a pre-existing artwork.
- Your piece can be up to, but no larger than, 7 x 9 inches in size including the frame (either horizontally or vertically). When choosing a ready-made frame, please measure its outside dimensions! Also, square artwork, including the frame, can be no larger than 7 x 7 inches in size.
- Three-dimensional artwork can be up to, but no larger than, 7 x 7 x 9 inches in size.
- Art that is meant for wall display must be ready for hanging with hooks or wire attached.
- Please label your piece on the back or bottom, with your name, title, date and media of the piece. Wrap for protection if necessary.
- You must be a Museum member and at least 16 years old to participate.
- For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.